Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Trips Updated, Or Oh-So Fickle

So, at the risk of seeming completely unable to make a decision, we have changed plans and will be at the Evans family reunion. I've even rescheduled classes (and my students didn't whine at all about class being cancelled). So we will get to Utah Valley sometime Wednesday and catch the Owlz game that evening for Isaac's early birthday (it's $1 ticket, popcorn, hot dog, drink night--woo hoo!), and any who can make it are welcome to join us. Likewise, we would like to celebrate Isaac's birth Thursday in Evanston; again all are welcome for cake and general merriment.

Mom, we got the roof racks on the car, so we can take the car topper off your hands and out of your garage. Thanks. Dad, what are the plans for building stuff at your place? I'll bring my work shoes (such as they are). Speaking of work, at Summer's insistence, she and I fixed our doorbell yesterday. And nobody got electrocuted. That's what I call a good day...

8 comments:

pinky said...

It goes without saying, you are welcome to stay in Eagle Mountain at the B&B. We may join you for the Owls game also. Haven't been to a game yet this year. I'm off on Thursday too...dental appt in the AM...yikes! But after that...

Anonymous said...

Dave,

I am ariving in SLC about noon on Thursday. I have to make several stops before heading home -- should arrive in Evanston about 5pm.

By the way, went to the Nats game last night -- they broke a 4-4 tie in the bottom of the ninth and won in dramatic fashion. Great crowd and the new ballpark is beautiful.

Can't wait to see you guys.

Dad

ma turner said...

After seeing Dad's schedule for Thurs., I should be in Evanston about 5 on Thursday as well. I will be leaving Thursday morning about 10ish to pick Dad up at the airport. After that I have nothing scheduled. Mom

Roy said...

Ma & Pa,
Would you like to join us for an Owlz game? We could go to the Thursday game instead (or also!). That night there are fireworks, so that owuld be fun. We'd get to Evanston very late, but hey, it's vacation!

Let me know if you're game for a game, or if we should do something else, maybe in SLC earlier Thursday.

And Pat, we may take you up on a night's stay in EM. I'll see what Summer tells me to do...

dastew said...

Personally I find your insinuation that your dad will come help you with projects a bit troubling. Don't you know he's our contractor?!!! I believe that we'll now have to declare this a blood feud. Consider yourself warned.
~The Forbes~

(The preceding was all instigated by Carolyn and in no way represents the feelings, ideas, or ramblings of her husband)

Anonymous said...

We won't be down until Saturday for the reunion. We would be up for doing something after the reunion though if anyone else is game. That way I don't have to spend as much time with the crazy inlaws.

Jon and Chelle said...

Dave, your email is broken. I've replied to you but all my emails get returned. Sup with that? Anyways, I think I should go buy the owlz tickets early. They seem pretty busy this year, and that's the week uvsc becomes a university. What do you think? And if you ever need a basement to stay in, your welcome to use ours, although, the Forbes were the last to be there and it might smell of Forbes and Brits.

Also, how do I get put on the list for dad to be our contractor too??

Roy said...

Cheryl,
at least our kids can play together on Saturday.
Chelle, yeah, all non-CNM messages are being blocked for some reason. Glad we hav ehte blog as a backup. Anyhow, we will let me talk to Summer about the game and such. I'll get back to you this weekend. I may even call...