Butterflies and More
On Friday we decided to celebrate springtime (nearly summer, and feels like it here) by visiting the Botanic Gardens at the BioPark and seeing the just-opened-that-day Butterfly Pavilion. This is an annual staple of our summertime recreation, and it's much fun. The structure is filled with butterfly-attracting plants and is a cool oasis. Here are Summer and the kids:
We also strolled the grounds around the duck pond. Here is the crew by the water's edge:
Isaac looks like he want to jump, no?
And here are the kids looking for fish or ducks (I'm not sure which):
We also spent some time lounging on the grass, which eventually devolved into Evan crawling away and trying to eat grass. Here's a picture of the former:
And here's the latter:
This is his new favorite game: "Does this taste good?"
Today we visited one of the city's grower's markets and picked up some fresh produce, as well as some tomato plants, which we planted, along with some bell peppers and basil from our new nursery in town. Pictures of the veggies will follow. We are also harvesting some strawberries, but that will deserve its own entry.
3 comments:
NM looks very sunny and nice! Evan is getting big, I love his outfit!
You have High Country Gardens Nursery where you live? You never told me that! I'm moving...I have ordered stuff from them on line.
Yup, there are three HCG locations in the ABQ area and one more in Santa Fe. Great place to live...
Post a Comment