Thursday, June 26, 2008

Finger Painting, or so I'm Told

Tuesday was a very fun day around here. I was home relatively early and was able to play outside with the kids. But earlier in the day, things were apparently even better. Since I was at work, this is all conjecture, but the pictures speak volumes.

Summer and the older kids took advantage of a nice Evan nap to make finger paints and decorate a bit. Here is Ryan getting in touch with his inner artist:
And here's the whole crew:
The paint was made of vanilla pudding mixed with food coloring, so it was nontoxic and water soluble, a key to any kid-based messiness. Here is Isaac proving why we don't paint with oils:
Allyson is more deliberate than the boys, as shown here:
Isaac, it would appear, revelled in a mom-approved mess:

As you can see, much fun was had by all. The summer months can be long for the kids, who thrive on the structure of the school schedule. Allyson has taken to sleeping late, and as the day wears on, the kids tend to get at each other's throats. So it's fun to see this kind of cooperation:
And to see them not flinging paint at each other:
And here we have the final work:
I came home to three of these large posterboard-sized murals. Pretty nice.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Oooooo, looks like fun! I think I'll do that with the kids next week . . . you're such a good mommy Summer--I really mean that.

Christine Bushman said...

I am surprise that your kids are still clean after all of that. None on thier faces or clothes---Way to go Summer!

My boys would eat that 'finger paint' if they knew what it was made out of

Looks FUN! Looks like you might have a 'van gogh' on your hands

Jon and Chelle said...

I think pudding is disgusting, but pudding paint, well that might just change the way I feel about it.

dastew said...

That looks like a lot of fun.