Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wish We Caught It on Video!

What a great weekend! Since all of my family was there, and Roy's family probably doesn't want to hear the boring details I don't want to say too much. So I'll just stick to the funniest moments of our trip. Most of them actually happened to be in the car, where either more funny things occur, or you're in such a weird state of mind that anything seems funny. Here are some highlights about each person in our not so little family

Evan discovered he loves apples and gnawed on a core for about 20 minutes. It would have been less time, but he would scream everytime I tried to take it away.

Isaac learned that he can have as many ladders as he wants when, as he puts it, he is "a grown up man." This was a huge source of delight for him.

Ryan posed the following questions to Allyson, "Do I have any more gum in my eyebrow?" No explanation needed.

Allyson, after one of the several potty stops on the trip, was asked why she uses the paper towels, as this wastes trees. Her reason? "I don't like using those air dryers to dry my hands, it wastes air." We know where her priorities stand.

Summer...Me? My funniest moment was on our way home. As I was driving through downtown Moab and was sitting at a stop light I fell asleep! Can you say sleep deprived?

Roy, needed to keep himself awake on the way up to Utah. So he blasted Bon Jovi's "Livin' On A Prayer" and sang along. Apparently this worked, cause he never fell asleep.

4 comments:

Roy said...

My favorite was Isaac trying to explain who Kathy was--the "woman girl." Goes well with "grown-up man."

Jon and Chelle said...

Just out of curiosity, how many ladders does Isaac want when he is a 'grown up man'? And I'm with Allyson on conserving air, if we all did our part there would be a lot more available...

dastew said...

"we're half-way there...wooo-oh living on a prayer"

Roy said...

Chelle, dozens. Really.
Stew, have I told you my Bon Jovi mission story? It's less cool than it sounds, but it sure sounds cool.