Friday, May 2, 2008

Animals at the Zoo

On Tuesday, Ryan's class had a field trip to the Rio Grande Zoo (which our bishop once called "the best zoo in the world"), and since I'm on break, Summer and I joined in with the little boys. It was a gorgeous day for a zoo trip--warm, even at 9 am when we set out, not windy or too hot.

We arrived before the heavy-laden school buses and waited for the zoo to open. While we did so, Isaac stood for a photo by this sculpture of a Mexican Grey Wolf:
Minutes beofre we left home that morning the phone rang. Ryan was calling from the classroom, and what I gathered of the "conversation" was that he wanted to know if Destiny, a classmate of his, could join us at the zoo. Apparently I agreed to this, because our group consisted of 5 Turners and Destiny, who is a sweet girl and Ryan's best friend. Here are she, Ryan, and Isaac by the flamingo area:

The zoo is always fun (well, maybe not when the tigers escape, ala San Fran), but especially when the kids get excited. And early on we asked if they wanted to see the seals, which resulted in immense excitement. So once we got to the seals, their joy knew no bounds. We went all over the zoo, seeing the reptile house, the elephants, the koalas, some ridiculously loud monkeys, and the polar bears. Here are the kids at the home of the latter:

1 comment:

Jon and Chelle said...

I didn't know the zoo let you bring monkeys in! I guess the NM zoo is different than the SL zoo.