Friday, June 8, 2007

Life in ABQ

Things are obviously pretty quiet here, but I can't let this much time pass without a blog entry. So, if all you care about are cute pictures of the kids, you're out of luck.

Thanks to everyone who visited last week. I know Allyson appreciated people coming for her baptism, and I was touched by the sacrifices many of you made to drive and/or fly long distances to get here. Thank you all so much.

I bragged to many of you about the Desert Willow--the tree by the kitchen window. It is now if full bloom. Everyday 20-40 flowers drop to the ground, and at least as many new ones open, so the ground under and around the tree is now littered with these blossoms. It's quite beautiful.

I have unplugged the television to make myself more productive, and replaced it with the radio. Every evening I listen to the Isoptopes play, which is great. Last night, they were down 8-2 to Memphis going into the bottom of the 8th at home. The 'Topes scored 4 runs to make it interesting, and after a strong shutout half inning from the Albuquerque pitcher, the home team came up to bat. After getting 2 runs to tie, the 'Topes got runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out. The next pitch was socked out of the park for a walk-off three-run shot. A good ending to the game, and exciting on the radio.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any amount of sacrifice would have been worth it. We miss you guys and schools in Texas have moved up our list because they are closer. And maybe I'd get a horse.

dastew said...

What? A Horse? Okay but you're cleaning its stall.