Some Time in Utah
As most of you know, Summer and the kids spent a few weeks in Utah recently. The stated purpose of the trip was so that I could work on my dissertation (I did; I now have 35 pages drafted), but my theory is that Summer wanted to be in an air conditioned house for part of the hot season. Anyhow, apparently three weeks in Utah does the following to Isaac:
The original plan was for me to fly up on 28 June, go to a baseball game in Orem with some of the Utah and Idaho family, and then drive home this coming weekend with the crew. But Summer and I just missed each other too much (who says I'm not a romantic), and I had written my 30+ pages, so we moved the trip up a week. So we're already home, which is wonderful, but I will miss going to the Owlz game.
Summer and I spent Thursday night and Friday in Salt Lake WITHOUT THE KIDS. I love my children, but it was nice to get away with my wife (for the second time since Allyson was born). We went to Red Butte Arboretum and the the Utah Museum of Fine Arts in SLC Friday. Both were great fun, although the 95 degree day was a bit oppressive. At the Arboretum we bought Ryan a bug collecting kit; here the kids search the Catherall backyard for bugs.


1 comment:
Those are some scary dinosaur-children.
Post a Comment