My Voice?
I'd like to ask for a favor, and I'll need to preface this a bit. You who know me well can be a good and honest judge of whether this works. For some time I have been interested in creating educational podcast materials to supplement my classes. And I think that the blog might be the best way to do this. So, please listen to this one-minute file and let me know, via email or a comment on this entry, what you think. Would this format be useful for students? What are the pros and cons? If you were a student, would this sort of thing help? And, most importantly, do I sound like a deranged Muppet? Thanks.
4 comments:
I really like the idea of a blog to keep in touch with your students. I also like the podcast because it will reinforce what they have read and some students need that audio review and will benefit greatly from it.
That was your voice!?!
I believe that almost any way that you can use technology when teaching younger students is positive. It keeps our attention and is just much more attractive. That being said, there is no replacement for what can be gained from the classroom setting. However, this does not hold true for older students as broadly as they are more hesitant to use things like blogs and podcasts. This is not universal and I am not trying to offend old people, it just seems to be the way of things.
You definitely don't sound like a deranged muppet.
I like the idea of this. There is nothing like hearing a learned and enthusiastic person talk about their subject of choice. Some of my professors voices are still in my head. And I graduated from college...a long time ago.
What a sexy voice! If I were your student not only would I love coming to class just to see you, especially when you turn around, but now I could listen to your voice at home and daydream about you!
Post a Comment