If Women Can’t Find You Handsome…
They should at least find you handy. So goes a line from the Red Green Show, a hilarious Canadian comedy about masculinity and the pitfalls of being a man. Today’s story deals with the second half of this wise equation.
The closet in our hallway has these folding doors, and for some time the door on the right has leaned awkwardly, and over the past week or two this condition has deteriorated rapidly. Today the door completely came unhinged (as did I for a few moments). The runners on top came off the track and the whole thing was rendered useless.
So I took a stab at it. Yesterday I tried halfheartedly to do something about it, leading to these words of wisdom from yours truly: “There is nothing in this world so broken that I can’t make it worse.”
But after removing the door and disassembling the sliding piece on the track (which, apparently, isn’t supposed to slide, which is where the whole mess began), I was able to get that part of the system back in place. Summer and I then figured out how to get the door back on, and voila! Door fixed!
(I’m pullin’ for you. Remember, we’re all in this together.)
And...
(I'm a man...and I can change...if I have to...I guess.)
And...
(Keep your stick on the ice.)
2 comments:
Sometimes I wonder about the things you guys watched while you were growing up. (Most parents worry about the effects of "bad" movies, but we worry about the effects of Red Green and Lonesome Dove.) could be worse I guess.
Ah, Red Green...I miss that show. Good times!
Post a Comment