Play Ball!
Friday was the home opener for the Isotopes, so we got seats and ventured out on a rather blustery evening at the ballpark. This game marked the beginning of the 'Topes' sixth season, and, since we've been in Albuquerque for every season, it's clear we'll been here for a while.
Our seats were on the upper deck on the third-base side. I love these seats; they've got a great view of both the action on the field and the Sandias in the distance. It really is one of the best views in all of baseball.
Anyhow, on to the pictures. Here's the crew all bundled up for the 48 degree weather:
An important part of baseball is food. Before the game we ate at a diner on Central (great place; we're eating there next time family's in town), and each of the kids ordered a ridiculously large hot dog. Allyson ate all of hers and got her own bag of cotton candy, and the boys shared a second bag with the parents. Evan for one thought highly of cotton candy:
Opening night includes a rather lengthy bit of pomp and circumstance; we got there early for our free hats, but by the time the game began (at about 7:20 pm), Isaac had fallen asleep in a heap:

4 comments:
Isn't it great that baseball has begun. Baseball and hotdogs - staples of a happy life.
I took my counterparts from our Tampa office to opening night at Camden Yards (the Rays, no longer the Devilrays)were in town. Late in the game, after most people had given up, I caught a foul ball after a screaming line drive bounced of a fan's face in the adjacent section. Some people sitting in our section thought I should give the wounded fan the ball but I figure it's not my problem if he can't catch - besides your mother wants the ball. To add to the near perfect evening, the O's came back to win in the 9th, and I took the boys to Sabatino's after the game.
By the way, your mother and I want to come to ABQ for a game with your kids this summer.
Dad
I love baseball also...and must agree that the food is one of the best parts. Are there any games going on when we're down there in October? (I've decided thats a long wait) One other comment: The kids are always adorable in baseball caps, but this is the first time I've seen Summer in one...and I quite like it!
Mom C
Well, yeah for baseball season. That means it's time for the snow to be gone. It will be warm here for the next few days, so the snow will go away. I can't wait for it to warm up and stay warm. Bike comes out next weekend.
I agree about Summer in the baseball cap. When I first looked at this picture I almost made a comment because I thought it was really cute. Now that you point it out, I know why...it's the hat! Very nice. (and that she's cuddling her baby, that's really cute too)
Post a Comment