Futbol
A few weeks ago some friends asked if Isaac would be interested in joining a soccer league, and he jumped at the idea. I was a bit less enthusiastic; I've never had a great relationship with organized sports, and I was a bit hesitant to add more obligations to our family's life. But after two practices, Isaac was so happy to be involved that I had to drop my concerns. Today was the first game of the season, and it was a lot of fun.
Summer and the older kids had to be elsewhere, so Evan and I took Isaac to the game, which was held at a park on the north edge of town, not far from the foothills. A half-dozen or so games were going on at the same time, and the atmosphere was fun. Isaac's team, the Tigers, includes two other kids from the ward, one boy whose family moved to the other side of town from our ward last year, and three other boys.
Here are some pictures from the warm-ups and game:



3 comments:
A Turner who is athletic and doesn't just watch sports?! I'm blaming Summer's side of the family. Shouldn't he be reading a book?
Wish him good luck from Dad and me. I hope he enjoys it all season.
Carolyn, I don't know where this came from, but if he can go pro and pay for my retirement, I'm on board.
Mom, thanks. I'll send more updates and pics from the next game, on 4/10.
Post a Comment