Friday, July 3, 2009

Up We Go--But Not Really

One of our favorite things to do in ABQ is visit the Balloon Museum the city opened a few years ago. Since today is a)Isaac's birthday and b)the first Friday of the month (free day at the museum), we decided to pay a visit.

Here are some images from the day. First, the whole crew posing as if in the air (you can tell it's not real because Summer, while apparently scared to death, would never really get in a balloon aloft):
One of the exhibits contains a replica of the Double Eagle II, the first non-motorized airborne craft to cross the Atlantic, piloted by some ABQ natives in the 1970s. Here the kids invade the replica:
And here's the birthday boy at one of the interactive kiosks:
Ryan, either posing oddly or passing a kidney stone:
More birthday fun later today...

2 comments:

Jon and Chelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISAAC!! I think I'd like to go up in a hot air balloon, but I would probably chicken out before it took off.

pinky said...

Looks like a fun day. Can't wait to come down there.