Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day Two, Or, How Much Sunburn Can You Get In One Day?

Day 2 began early for me, as I woke up at 5:30 local time (6:30 back home, which is still sleeping in). After a shower and breakfast, I made it down to the pool for a while. After Nathan was up and about, we took off for an errand that turned into an outing. I needed a haircut, and we needed a baseball to play catch, so Dad and Nate went shopping while I got coiffed.

Quick side note. I got my hair cut at a little place in a strip mall, and the older lady who cut my hair was a riot. She carried out a few choice soliloquies, one on her need for new bifocals (never trust this person to cut your hair) and the ills of getting old (quoth she: “Never get old, and if you get old, just get drunk.”).

After picking me up, the guys told me they had found a great hike. So we detoured to Papago Park, where we climbed a few hills and got a great view of the valley. It was already warm, but not uncomfortable, and we did a good mile or so before heading off to lunch. After dining we found a park and played catch until our control deteriorated to the point of being dangerous.

Here Nate and I scale one of the hills:


After another jaunt to the pool, we got ready for the game. Today we were in Scottsdale for a 3:00 pm Sand Diego vs. San Francisco game. We had lawn seats, which was fun, but right in the sun, where we baked thoroughly. So, here we have the game, followed by my matching tee-shirt and skin:



No comments: