Sunday, October 26, 2008

Man, My Kids Are Fast!

Over the past few weeks, my kids--like beggar children in underdeveloped countries clamoring for a handout--have taken jog-a-thon pledges from family members. Well, it's time to pony up. And to those of you who pledged per lap, well, like many of those beggar children, my kids scammed you something awful. (I can say that because we pledged per lap too, and it'll cost us at least one restaurant dinner.) Here's the final damage:

  • Ryan ran 10 laps
  • Allyson ran 9 laps
Each lap is 1/4 mile, meaning the boy ran 2.5 miles in 45 minutes, and Allyson came in at 2 1/4 miles. I can barely drive that far that fast...

(Apparently, Summer and Isaac ran a warm-up lap with Ryan, who jogged nicely for half a lap and then turned on the afterburners and left them in the dust.)

I'll email you with your personalized amount due, but this just goes to show, when kids are nearby, keep close tabs on your wallet (especially true if you take your kids to Toys R Us and spend any amount of time in the Lego area).

2 comments:

Jon and Chelle said...

I seriously doubt that your kids are the only reason you spend money in the lego section =).

Summer said...

You know him well.