Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Could Send an Email, But...

This is the most audience-specific posting I've ever made:

To my sisters,
A while back, one of you initiated an email thread about our Xmas gift exchange pattern; I replied, and I think someone else did, but ultimately, nothing happened. So instead of an email, maybe a blog entry will work. If I recall correctly, last year was supposed to go like this:

  • We had Carolyn
  • Carolyn had Michelle
  • Michelle had Cheryl
  • Cheryl had us
But we swapped around and it went like this:
  • We had Cheryl
  • Carolyn had Michelle
  • Michelle had Carolyn
  • Cheryl had us
So, I propose that this year we go two down, like this:
  • We have Michelle
  • Carolyn has Cheryl
  • Michelle has us
  • Cheryl has Carolyn
(Here's where I get to sound like a big brother.) If there are no better ideas (cue Stew's snarky, sarcastic proposal), this will be the way of it. Okay? (That felt good. Maybe I'll go boss someone else around...)

5 comments:

pinky said...

So if Wall Street crashes will we still have BLOGS? I hope so, because this stuff is better than the funny papers.

Jon and Chelle said...

I like it.

Wife of dastew said...

Whatever. Chances are that I would buy the same gift no matter who I had. This just determines the address that goes on the box.

dastew said...

Go Obama!

Sorry couldn't think of any snarly sarcastic remarks.

Wait got one.

Dave your a good older brother.

Dang that sounds like a compliment. I'll have to work on it.

Cheryl said...

Wow and dad says I am the bossy child. I think not. But I am glad someone made a decision!