Happy Birthday, Isaac!
Our first full day in Utah Valley was Isaac's 4th birthday, one full of glee. After a lazy morning, we left for an outing. We began with a trip to the Mt. Timp Temple, which is hidden much better than you'd expect. After wandering aimlessly in American Fork, we arrived. The day was obscenely hot (many bank signs read triple digits), so we moved quickly to the shade. But the kids were excited to see the place where Summer and I were married over a decade ago:
The kids also got to lounge in the grass:
And Evan, who has been taking steps while hanging on to furniture and the legs of adults for a few weeks, decided to take an unassisted step toward his mother. (This isn't that, but it's all I got.)
We then went out to UVU (formerly UVSC, a school that for some reason used to send me alumni stuff; I like to think my two terms of part-time teaching there earned me an honorary degree) for the second Owlz game of the trip. Here's our crew in our seats, 6 rows back, right behind home plate:
A fun feature at the ballpark is the playground, where Evan did this:
And Isaac did this:
Before game time, the boys posed by the field:
And we all visited with Hootz, who scared Evan to no end:
And Allyson made this face every time I said something ridiculous:
The game was fun, and during the 8th inning, Isaac's name was featured on the scoreboard for his birthday, which was later celebrated with a fireworks show. We then drove up to Evanston, where we spent all day Friday.
5 comments:
What a good father for getting your kids name on the scoreboard. That's awesome.
By the way I just noticed how much Allison looks like Summer, I'd never noticed before. But then again you guys never come and visit so I'll blame you for my inattention
Do I often make such a face? As if I ever think Roy David is so ridiculous that I would make that face!
I make that face at Jon alllll theee time! Ask him, he'll tell ya! I think all your kids look like Summer, lucky for them they got the good genes =)
That owl gives me the creeps too Evan. All the photos of your children make me want to come visit. I'll keep an eye on airfares.
Carolyn,you're welcome anytime. The kids would get a kick out of it. And Summer and I could con you into watching them while we get out of town for the night. Evan will be weaned by Labor Day...
And Chelle, I always tell people who coo over the kids being cute that it's all Summer's fault...
Post a Comment