Wednesday, March 5, 2008

When I Grow Up...


I have noticed recently that the years keep getting shorter and the kids keep getting older. I am coming to the realization that this grand time of staying at home with my children will not last forever. Eventually I will have the opportunity to work outside our home again. And as it has been so long since I have had a paying job (many of you would laugh if you knew how long) I have really no experience to help me down the road. But I figure I work hard at my job as a mother and I think I am pretty good at it, and I certainly have learned a thing or two (or ten thousand). So I have come to the conclusion that the work I am doing now is giving me on the job experience and will prepare me for several possible careers as listed below.
I could be an…interrogation expert for the CIA. The kids certainly think I have what it takes to torture people, particularly when it comes to rinsing their hair after a good scrubbing. Can you say water boarding?
I could be a…make-up artist at a mortuary. I’ve gotten pretty good at making myself look alive at least.
I could be a…trainer of primates at the zoo. I have done a pretty good job at teaching ours to speak and be somewhat understood by others, to listen once in a while (when they are not busy picking their boogers), and to not throw their feces.
I could be a…HAZMAT worker. You don’t want to know the things I have had to get out of our carpet.
And I am sure that there are a lot of other careers out there that are just waiting for me!

5 comments:

ma turner said...

I still haven't decided what I want to do when I go up. Can I get paid for just goofing off? Have a good day.

April Fossen said...

Yes, this is me right now. Trying to rebuild my resume so I can start looking for work and realizing that I don't know how to do the things I used to do anymore. I wonder how hard people would laugh if I put "CEO/COO-Fossen household" as my most recent job?

Jon and Chelle said...

that's too funny, I especially like that you torture your children by rinsing their hair.

Wife of dastew said...

Working outside the home is overrated. I'd stay home with the kids as long as you can. But maybe I just had a bad day. I mean, you get to make cookies and play all day every day.

jlbunting.com said...

I agree with wife of dastew...working outside the home is way overrated. People think you owe them something. Anyway, that was a fun blog, thanks for making me smile. And thanks for the birthday wishes. I had forgotten about the Nibs! Yummy!