Raspberries and The Boys
Saturday we got up early and drove north to a raspberry ranch in the southern Sange de Cristos. We spent an hour picking about 8 lbs. of fresh mountain raspberries, which have now found their way into jam, ice cream, cereal, and whipped cream.
Later that day I got some pictures of the three boys playing. Enjoy.



5 comments:
If you notice the arms of the older boys sport quite the farmer's tan. You must realize they were out working in the raspberry fields picking raspberries for about an hour. We got enough to make 3 batches of jam, plus we froze about 9 cups of raspberries, saved some for cereal and other good eats, and made a batch of raspberry ice cream.
Even in the cool climate of Evanston I can grow raspberries. Not enough to freeze or make jam, but I can sure go out and nibble. They taste so good.
yum! I love raspberry jam.
This post was a bummer. I thought you were talking about the older boys giving Evan a raspberry on the tummy. But, since ice cream was mentioned I'll give you a pass.
I wanted to talk about the raspberry picking, but we didn't take any pictures, and since I know you all want pictures, I had to do a hybrid entry.
Post a Comment