Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Isaac's secret identity


Isaac is in a funny phase right now where he is intrigued by super heroes. Mainly Buzz Light Year, after a much regretted decision by Summer to let the kids watch Toy Story. Not only does he fight in order to maintain his right of ownership over the Buzz Light Year doll, he goes so far as to pretend he has a laser button on his arm. He pushes it to use his laser to kill bugs around the house while yelling "Go home to yours mommy!"

But what is unknown to the rest of the world is that Isaac also has a secret identity. He is otherwise known as Super-boy. He has claimed this identity recently much to Summer's amusement. He dons his favorite blankie/cape ready to race around the house and use his super powers.

His powers include the ability to help Summer tackle piles of laundry; the ability to fly, of course, what would a super hero be without flight, which is really just him jumping from one piece of furniture to another; the desire/need to run around the house at top speed endangering himself and others; and the unalterable ability to fall asleep after being in the car for two minutes (I think he is going through a growth spurt).

It is fun to watch him take on a new identity so full of mischief and independence while still desperately holding on to his role of "mommy's little boy." Is this what I can expect of teenage-hood?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I see the photos of your kids getting older it is still weird to me that you are a father. Somehow Cheryl having a child seems more 'right.' And do you guys have a van yet?

Roy said...

What's wierd is that my 18-year old students are closer in age to my daughter than they are to me. I feel very old sometimes. I'll address our vehicle situation next week.